Principal Carbon Consultant - Sustainability
Principal Carbon Consultant - Sustainability
Are you ready to make a Seismic change?
Join us in leading the shift.
This is an exciting new role in a fast - growing sustainability advisory working to enable businesses to prosper by being a force for good. We are driven by our passion to help to fix our planet and inspire society to change for the better.
A Principal Consultant with expertise in Carbon, Net Zero & SBTi related services for corporates.
The successful applicant will:
- Member of our core Consulting Team, focused on helping our clients use our expertise in the most valuable and impactful ways for them
- Contributing to leading the strategy, growth objectives and delivery capabilities of our Carbon, Net Zero & SBTi Service Line
- Developing and winning business through working with new and existing clients to identify their strategic Carbon, Net Zero & SBTi needs within a commercial framework
- Leading process improvement and optimisation within our Carbon, Net Zero & SBTi Service Line
- Identifying needs that the clients may not recognise and ensuring approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Working with the leadership team to grow our presence in the UK and Europe
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and our wider community
- Representing Seismic at industry events
You believe that humanity and businesses need to make a seismic shift in the right direction and want to apply your consulting and analytical capabilities to help make that happen. At the same time you want to work in a friendly, collaborative and empathetic team who are delivering impactful projects for high-profile clients.
To be successful in this role you would need the following attributes:
- You have supported or led a commercial Carbon service offering within a professional services environment, focussed on external clients
- You have successful track record of contributing to the growth and development of a Consulting delivery team in a sustainability services business
- You are passionate about sustainability and have proven, relevant experience at a senior level, including helping organisations set strategies across the range of Carbon topics
- You have a proven track record of securing new business from existing and new clients in a strategic way that adds genuine value and impact
- You have direct line management experience and have ideally led and developed a junior and / or mid level consulting team
- You are energised by the pace of a mission driven scale-up culture
- You are resilient and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You love coaching and developing others
- You are details oriented but not at the expense of making pragmatic decisions
- You have the interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to facilitate complex or challenging client workshops involving a divers group of Participants
- You're a strategic thinker who doesn't get too bogged down in the minutiae
- You have strong self-awareness and can easily adapt to different clients, from energetic SMEs to complex large corporates
- You enjoy building relationships across the company and with clients
- You're commercially aware and understand the importance of strong commercial relationships
- Your written and in-person communication style is clear and concise.
- You act with empathy in a 'human first' way
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a high performing team,
Importantly, you love client work and also working with teammates to iterate products and services. You are a team player - you like a laugh, but are not afraid to graft. You are a student of sustainability, have plenty to offer, and know you have even more to learn.
You are action oriented, have a keen eye for detail and enjoy juggling multiple projects and priorities and enjoy just the right amount of time pressure to help keep productive and focused. You are a 'people person' with a knack for building relationships with a diverse group of people.
You are more excited by the opportunities of working for a young, fast growing, ever evolving, purpose-driven business than for a large corporation.
This position is managed by our partner, Climate17.
Seismic and Climate17 are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Please email a copy of your CV and some brief reasons why this role is a fit for you to:
If you are a 3rd party organization or recruitment company, we ask that you refrain from contacting Seismic or Climate17 about this vacancy.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.