Climate17 is working on behalf of a client who are an established, expanding company that has a strong reputation for delivering solutions which help businesses reduce carbon, energy, and waste.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven engineer to join a highly successful, fun, and friendly team. You'll be working as a Sustainability Engineer to focus on engineering solutions, audits of sites, and helping to decarbonize buildings through a mixture of renewable energy and low-carbon technologies. This role will be key in bringing down rising energy costs making a difference in the survival and efficiency of a wide range of companies.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the role will require you to originate, manage and deliver technical energy and process efficiency projects in the manufacturing, food, beverage and chemical sectors.
This role will focus on the delivery of the following products and services to these and the wider FMCG sector:
- Factory supply chain waste minimisation - the bottom line cost of product losses is frequently a large proportion of overall manufacturing budgets and the subsequent potential cost savings can be too. We have a tried and tested methodology targeting the minimisation of these.
- Industry Metrics (InMetriks) - An online industry survey / index to assess energy saving technology maturity and opportunity across different sites and the business sectors.
- Manage projects and ensure delivery to client on time and within agreed budget
- Manage and work with other staff and collaborating companies/sub-consultants to ensure progress of projects and timely delivery of agreed outputs
- Provide technical support to a range of projects across the areas of focus set out below
- Support the business development team to identify new opportunities from ongoing work
- Prepare and support the preparation of proposals for new projects
- Generate new business through ongoing account management activity
- Provide progress reports, support and updates to relevant Project Managers, the Operations Director (project delivery) and Business Development Manager (project proposals)
Areas of focus:
- Engage Industrial & Commercial Clients
- Complete Waste, energy & water reduction scoping audits
- Formulate ongoing energy management support programmes
- Engineer practical solutions to industrial problems and opportunities
- Prepare proposals and contract for new business
- Support and Manage ongoing Energy & Water Reduction Programmes
- Provide onsite technical guidance across waste/energy/water consumption
- Formulate energy reduction implementation plans
- Implement or improve a utility Monitoring & Targeting system
- Specify new or replacement sub meters
- Specify and integrate data collection systems
- Implement management and low level energy reporting
- Communicate benefits and drive change
- Project Manage and deliver technical surveys including
- Boiler House, Steam & CHP systems
- Refrigeration & Compressed Air systems
- Heat Recovery Systems
- Project work 75% of time
- Business Development 15% of time
- Overhead 8% of time
- Training & Development 2% of time
Qualifications & Experience
Applicants will be qualified to degree level ideally in a technical discipline, such as Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering, be working towards chartership or already chartered, and have Lean Six Sigma experience (Green belt).
You must have previous experience of working in the FMCG or food & drink manufacturing industry and have a proven record of delivering sustainability, process improvement, or cost efficiency improvements to internal or external customers.
Candidates must also demonstrate, excellent change management, project management & stakeholder management skills and be eligible to work in the UK long term.
Disclosure and Barring Service :
The candidate will require clearance from the DBS (formerly the CRB) throughout England and Wales as required by our clients.
* Show a willingness to progress understanding of the process efficiency, energy & climate change industries
* Show a willingness to develop skills & experience in order to move onto a wider field of project activity and in time to move on to higher staff grades
What you can expect
This will be an exciting role with lots of responsibility. You will learn how all elements of a growing business work, whilst getting hands on experience in a manufacturing and consultancy environment.
Required license or certification: Full UK Driving License
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us knowApply now
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.