Our client is a leading energy and environmental consultancy specialising across onshore and offshore renewables.
As part of their ongoing development, they currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Substation Design Engineer to join their well-established and high-performing Technology team.
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects.
- Experience in supporting clients with both AIS and GIS substation designs as they take energy projects through various stages of a project lifecycle, from feasibility to construction in both the onshore and offshore sectors.
- Experience in technical due diligence and asset owner's engineer work for Low voltage and High Voltage substation equipment.
- Experienced in substation equipment rating and understanding of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and other electrical standard relevant to substations.
- Knowledge of present developments in LV and HV substation design and equipment.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram, Key Line Drawings (SLD, KLD).
- Writing a substation equipment technical specification for works information for an energy project and technically evaluate the substation design package within a tender return.
- Have experience of witness testing of substation equipment would be an advantage.
- Manage projects and present substation design to clients in reports and presentations.
- An understanding of CDM legislation and experience of application to projects in design and construction.
- Embedding quality assurance practices, ensuring deliverables are technically excellent, demonstrating innovation and value and producing a high standard of client-tailored end deliverables.
- Mentor and share your knowledge and experience with the team to further develop the team's expertise.
- Develop business relationships with companies and co-professionals that will provide new opportunities for the business to provide our range of services.
- Assisting with business planning and delivering budgets, working with the sector and service leads.
- Experience of sitting on a relevant working group would be advantageous.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.