Climate17 are delighted to be supporting our client who are an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. They help provide sustainable business solutions for a low carbon world.
Our client offers a comprehensive range of services to measure, report, manage and reduce environmental impacts.
They are currently looking for a Principal Consultant to join their London office. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has sustainability experience and a well-developed understanding of climate issues and carbon projects.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years' experience within carbon and sustainability services
- Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, energy, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants, PAS 2050) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060
- Working knowledge of LCA and software such as GABI
- Experience of Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods
- Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis
- Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organisations address, manage and prepare against the impact's climate change
- Detailed understanding of UK legislative frameworks
- Excellent data handling skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of carbon accounting / CR reporting software
- Honours or Master's degree in a relevant subject
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial skills
- An ability to create networks of customers across existing and potential clients
- Proven ability to conduct resource planning/skills assessments with other members of staff, and to monitor utilisation levels to manage optimum project staffing
- Commitment to supporting the team in a growing and dynamic business
- An ability to see the 'big picture', as well as focus on the detail
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.