Our client is a global renewable energy company that operate a large portfolio of solar farms across the UK. They are searching for an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor based in Exeter.
The company's market-leading Spare Parts Management Service is being enthusiastically taken up by owners of industrial-scale renewable energy sites who are eager to secure a reliable source of spare parts. This is a pivotal role and the right candidate will oversee, manage and improve the spare parts supply fulfilment service.
- Warehouse Management: Managing the function, maintenance and safety of the warehouse environment.
- Process Development and Improvement: Proactive approach to the plan-do-check-act cycle of incremental improvement of relevant process and systems, including after action reviews and demonstrable application of lessons learned.
- Goods in: receiving deliveries, checking paperwork and goods for specification, condition and quality, capturing serial numbers, moving and stowing goods, updating stock management system with records.
- Goods out and order fulfilment: receiving orders (from internal or external customers), picking the parts, specification and quality checking, moving and packing.
- Dispatch and Logistics: Booking and coordinating suitable delivery transport, including self-booking for collection and delivery in depot vehicle, coordinating safe and successful collection and receipt at destination.
- Stock levels: managing and maintaining stock levels in line with policies, reporting on stock inventory (including year-end stock take), coordinating re-ordering, tracking shelf life.
- Warehouse Equipment: coordinating the sourcing, training, operation and servicing of the warehouse equipment including PPE, lifting equipment, packing equipment, COSHH facility.
- Waste Management: Managing warehouse derived waste in line with company policies. Including quarantine of returned defective components, disposal of end of life components and consumables. Diligent waste management and transfer administration.
- Administration and Record Keeping: detailed control of key records and systems. Timely updating of key systems and personnel to ensure situational awareness is maintained.
- Strong understanding of warehouse safety and familiarity in applying HSE guidance HSG76
- Familiarity with waste PUWER, waste disposal, WEEE, COSHH
- Adept at using computerised stock management systems and other digital technology
- Experienced and calm multi-tasker
- Clear communicator
- Great attention to detail and supremely organised
- Disciplined adherence to process
- Experience with warehouse/logistics environment, systems and procedures, operation of equipment
- Full UK Driving license
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.