Climate17 are happy to be working with one of the UK largest solar O&M contractors.
They are now looking for a Technical Operations Manager to jointly manage the company's HV Operations nationwide.
Location Central/East of UK - hybrid working arrangement
- Maintain relationship with the Authorising Engineer to ensure continual compliance.
- Senior Authorised Person - High and Low Voltage networks, conducting and controlling switching operations limited to solar, or energy storage plants
- Coordinating Maintenance on HV equipment ranging from 6kV up to 132kV.
- Phasing in the up skilling of engineers to undertake basic PPM on HV equipment.
- To ensure all Electrical Regulations, CDM Regulations, and Health & Safety Audits and the quality of work is to the level required by the Company.
- Act as a Project Manager with remedial works and punch lists for all plants as you on-board them.
- Complying with the PPM Schedules as per contractual SLA's.
- Liaising with management and clients both internally and externally.
- Provide any technical support as required and have contact with clients/customers across the contract portfolios in relation to monthly/annual tasks/activities undertaken.
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Engineering and Analysts on the continued development of SCADA, PdM and WFMS systems.
- Take ownership with high severity requests or issue escalations and see through to conclusion.
- The selection and appointment of an approved supply chain competent to work on HV networks in accordance with the DSR's.
- Coordinating the activities of approved sub-contractors for remedial/punch list scopes of work to meet programme requirements.
- Setting standards for "HV Best Practice", and the implementation of HV Processes.
- Electrical Trainer and Mentor for HV AP Candidates or employees for the company.
- Ensure that all breaches of Health and Safety are dealt with immediately by notifying HOF.
- Ensure Health and Safety, Quality Inspections completed monthly as denoted in your KPI's.
- Ensure full compliance and all safety requirements are met in accordance with ESQCR's, HSG 230 and Electricity at work act 1989.
- Maintain up to date information on all Company and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures ensuring these are always used.
- Knowledge and experience of Solar PV Ground mounted and rooftop systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Battery storage operation and maintenance.
- Experience in the management/supervision of people in the solar industry.
- Further education, degree, HNC/HND in a relevant discipline.
- C&G 2391 inspection & testing
- HV SAP or HVAP3.
- Good problem solver and creative thinker, able to develop new solutions.
- Good negotiator and influencer.
- Excellent communication skills via email, telephone, and face to face.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.