Technical Asset Manager - PV & BESS
£70000 - £80000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Our client is a fast growing, vertically integrated renewable energy company, focused on developing, building and operating large-scale solar and BESS projects.
They are a dynamic and entrepreneurial company, comprising of a growing team of highly experienced industry experts.
They have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Technical Asset Manager to join a fast-growing renewable energy business who are actively deploying a confirmed pipeline of 1.8GW DNO and National Grid PV & BESS projects.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of utility-scale solar and BESS assets.
- Manage compliance with Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental (QSHE) standards.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize asset performance and lifespan.
- Conduct regular performance assessments and report key performance indicators.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams including Commercial Asset Management, Engineering, Finance, and Legal to ensure asset compliance and risk mitigation.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as owners, contractors, suppliers, and grid operators.
- Provide technical support for O&M activities.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations for equipment failure and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor market trends and technological advancements to ensure assets remain competitive.
- Participate in regular internal and external audits.
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff and project managers.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- 3 years of experience in asset management, preferably in the renewable energy sector
- Degree or relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Entrepreneurial approach and mindset
- Ability to work with ambiguity and provide structure
- Strong understanding of solar PV technology and BESS systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proficiency in software tools relevant to asset management and data analysis.
Location: London/Cheltenham, Glos. - Hybrid working
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.