Our client is a consultancy start-up which aims at speeding up innovation for tomorrow's cities, for instance, with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, in new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries. They are the consultancy wing of an energy market leader, and they are looking for a UK-based Strategic Consultant with a strong interest in the fields of real estate and future cities.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in business development and a technical background in urban planning with a focus on sustainable urban development. You will have already demonstrated a capacity to sell consultancy to developers and local authorities, offering urban project planning.
You will be in charge of prospecting new customers and developing customers' portfolio, and, once a contract is signed, to manage the project and get involved in the delivery of technical, economic, strategic and environmental recommendations. You will have a strong knowledge of the urban planning stages and expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Feeding deal flow with prospects and projects (meetings, customer relationship, support)
- Delivering proposals for clients and attending pre-sale and sale meetings
- Dedicated market analysis on competition, customers segments and on pricing
- Supporting in building an offer adapted to customer's needs
- Finding local and long-term partners, implementing and maintaining partnerships
- Management of internal and external contributors to projects in accordance to plan and expected deliverables
- Ensuring an appropriate operational customer relationship and customer satisfaction
- Producing deliverables on time and on budget
Delivery of Consultancy:
- Coordinate and deliver strategic, economic and technical analysis mixing urban architecture and new techs regarding energy and mobility innovations and services, quality of life and environmental matters
- Design of strategic vision for urban development and new business models
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree in engineering (civil/energy/electrical/mechanical), with a specialisation in smart cities, urban development and/or architecture would be appreciated
- Previous successful experience in an engineering consultancy, real estate developer or real estate investment company. Good understanding of UK real estate, planning process and urban environment, with a proven network in these sectors.
- Proven successful experience of lead generation in the sector of real estate
- Proven project management capabilities
- Strong understanding of the Energy sector and UK energy system
- Great interpersonal skills, you can adapt to varied and challenging environments and manage numerous projects
- A passion for smart new technologies, sustainable cities
- Strong capability to understand complex problematics
- Adaptability and capabilities to work in an international environment
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.