Our client is seeking experienced Solar Farm Site Engineers to join their Construction Team for a large pipeline of UK-based projects. Operations Engineers work alongside the Site Engineers and under the Operations Team to co-ordinate and manage the on-site deliveries of all main equipment materials.
• Co-ordinating the schedule of deliveries of main equipment to the solar project – to include, but not limited to, mounting structure, cables, solar panels, switchgear, inverters, transformers and medium voltage (MV) kiosks.
• Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure timely delivery of the equipment on site – including regular contact with forwarders and ports.
• Checking the quantity and quality of materials received from all main equipment suppliers, reporting any deviations or damages to the Operations and Construction Project Manager
• Manage the on-site banksmen to ensure that the equipment is delivered to the correct compound location
• Oversee the unloading by the Main Subcontractor, reporting any damages to the Operations and Construction Project Managers
• Keeping meticulous spreadsheets of all main equipment received on the project, reporting back to the Operations Manager
• Pro-actively solve on-site delivery problems as they arise, escalating to Management where required
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly delivery reports and documentation for the Operations and Project Management Teams on delivered materials and projected deliveries
• Prove ad hoc support to the Site Engineers, Site Manager and Construction Project Manager as required.
• Proven track record of materials management in the construction industry (ideally solar plants), with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of Incoterms (2010)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communication and management skills
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification (desirable)
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline (desirable)
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart. For more info on onshore wind, solar asset management, solar PV monitoring and performance management, solar O&M technician, solar O&M project management, solar farm operative, approved electrician, solar test operative, solar and onshore development, site engineering, solar and onshore construction roles get in touch today.
For full disclosure, please send us your CV.