We are currently working with a nationwide provider of O&M services to the solar PV sector who currently managed over 600MW of sites across the UK.
They are actively seeking an experienced Solar O&M Technician carry out a mix of preventive and corrective maintenance on their portfolio of solar PV assets.
• Work to a planned maintenance schedule issued by your line manager
• Respond in a timely manner to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and Inspecting work both in progress and upon completion
• Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
• Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
• Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment
• Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
• Ensure compliance with in-house health and safety policy
• Recommend improvements and modifications
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
• Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
• Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management
• Participate in internal and external meetings as requested
• Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
• BS 7671 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
• Good knowledge of DC, AC, communications and circuit protection and will have strong fault-finding skills
• Worked on large-scale solar PV projects
• Comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
• Ability to understand site drawings and SLDs.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
• Must have strong IT and communication skills
• Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible
• Must be able to work well as part of a team
• HVAP1 / Approved Authorised Person (training can be provided)
• Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers
• BS 2391 Inspection and Testing
Salary: £30-33K DOE (plus overtime and on call)
Company benefits: vehicle, fuelcard, phone and laptop