We are currently working with a nationwide provider of O&M services to the solar PV sector who currently managed over c.1.2GW of sites across the UK.
They are actively seeking a Solar O&M Technician carry out a mix of preventive and corrective maintenance on their portfolio of solar PV assets.
- Work to a planned maintenance schedule issued by your line manager
- Respond in a timely manner to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and Inspecting work both in progress and upon completion
- Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
- Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
- Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment
- Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
- Ensure compliance with in-house health and safety policy
- Recommend improvements and modifications
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- BS 7671 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Good knowledge of DC, AC, communications and circuit protection and will have strong fault-finding skills
- Worked on commercial or utility-scale solar PV projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
- Ability to understand site drawings and SLDs.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
- Must have strong IT and communication skills
- Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- HV training (desirable, but will be provided)
- Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers
- BS 2391 Inspection and Testing
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.