Our client is a leading renewable energy company with a focus on the operations and maintenance of a broad portfolio of renewable energy assets across the globe.
Directly reporting to the Regional Manager, the Area Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all the Technicians and their works in the designated area.
- Liaising with multiple internal departments such as the Technical Operations Planners, Project Managers, Procurement, Control centre personal, HSEQ Manager and HR.
- Understand the company’s detailed obligations in respect of any ongoing or ad hoc works on sites in the area. Ensure, monitor and audit compliance with those obligations.
- Take area-wide responsibility for plant performance, work quality and site appearance (both electrical, landscaping, and other) across sites within the area.
- Be aware of HSE issues on the sites and propose and discuss necessary measures to improve HSE with the HSE Manager and/or the Regional Manager.
- Coach/ guide Lead Technicians and Site Technicians within the area on staying safe and compliance with HSE in their ongoing work.
- Update team calendar and provide well-considered input on medium term and immediate term work scheduling within the area.
- Support/assist area teams in performing PPM and corrective maintenance works (inc. HV) for solar plants to ensure the successful ongoing operation of the plants within the area.
- Ensure that all reporting is submitted in a professional, complete and timely manner.
- Take joint lead on onboarding of new sites, inc. leading site due diligence and on-boarding visits, filling in reports and/or forms, and creating onboarding documentation (isolation schedules, etc.).
- Meet third parties (e.g. customers/TAs) onsite and by phone/email on an ad hoc basis.
- Spare parts/inventory matters; ensure that spare parts stock records are always up to date.
- Ensure all team members have the correct PPE, equipment, vehicles and training as required.
- Support in the recruitment of new field staff in coordination with the Regional Manager.
- Assist Project Managers and Procurement Manager with quoting for works.
- Supporting operational responsibility for ensuring/improving profit margins for field operations.
- New joiner inductions; responsible for onboarding/coaching of new field staff for the area.
- IEE 18th Edition.
- C&G 2391 or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ O&M experience working on MW-scale solar farms.
- Provide evidence via personal HV switching logbook.
- Attention to detail.
- HV qualifications AP15 or OP40 or equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- IOSH or NEBOSH (desirable).
- Key inverter manufacturer trained (SMA, ABB, Power Electronics and Schneider) desirable.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.