Climate17 are working exclusively with a leading nationwide provider of O&M services to the solar PV sector who currently managed over 1.5GW of solar farms across the UK.
They are actively seeking a Technical Manager to act as a subject matter specialist for Schneider and/or SMA inverters installed on solar farms across their client's solar farms, ensuring the technical aspects of the installed equipment are effectively managed.
- Supporting the company's field technicians with technical queries and in technical support
- Training for field technicians, overseeing the regular education, support and drive technical excellence within the business.
- Further develop our customer offer of post warranty services so that customers are not reliant on manufacturer support.
- Carry out strategic technical work e.g., spare parts strategies.
- Interaction with key internal persons, external contractors and suppliers/manufacturers.
- Carry out a mix of preventive and corrective maintenance on the portfolio of solar PV assets.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Actively engage in the onboarding process for new assets.
- Contribute to tenders for new work when required.
- Design technical solutions for difficult issues e.g., repowering projects, asset improvement work.
- Tracking of costs, billing and invoicing.
- Delivery of projects that are responsibility of the technical team.
- Schneider/SMA field manager in the Technical Team
- Provide training on site to the Electrical Team (basic training/PM/CM training)
- Attend site in specific high-skilled interventions in PE sites out of warrant.
- Remote support (on the phone/online) for the interventions of the Electrical Team in PE inverters out of warranty.
- Involvement in the actual spare strategy for Power Electronics.
- Dealing with Watchlist follow-up of PE sites (historical issues on all PE inverter modules).
- Support in repowering PE inverters with other manufacturers.
- Strong knowledge of Schneider and/or SMA inverters (essential)
- A strong, evidence based, experience of works involving operation, maintenance and repair / replacement of apparatus
- High level of technical knowledge around inverters, modules, strings, cables, battery systems and protection relays etc
- Experience in comms: knowledge of LAN networks and router configuration (VPN access/Port Forwarding/etc.). Experience in RS485 comms and FO networks
- Strong negotiator and good commercial understanding
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst retaining explicit detail and focus on each
- An aptitude to recognise commercial impact of engineering-based works
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.