We are currently working with a nationwide provider of O&M services to the Solar PV sector who currently manage over 1.6GW of sites across the UK.
They are actively seeking an experienced Solar O&M Team Leader to join their expanding company in order to manage their regional O&M Technicians across the North of England.
- Developing and managing maintenance schedules for technicians in your area.
- Ensure technicians respond in a timely manner to breakdowns, mobilising yourself if necessary.
- Work closely with the in-house monitoring team to rectify breakdowns.
- Diagnose faults and Inspect work in progress and upon completion.
- Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
- Participate and provide training to team.
- Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment; requesting specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required.
- Advise manager on required stock levels and cost.
- Ensure compliance with in-house health and safety policy.
- Recommend improvements and modifications.
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public.
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report.
- Check work reports from team for their suitability.
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management.
- Fill out daily RAMS and ensure the team is following company procedures.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested.
- Worked in a similar role for a minimum for 2 years with management responsibilities
- Good knowledge of DC, LV & HV systems and circuit protection
- Ability to diagnose any issues remotely
- Previous experience of working on large-scale solar PV projects
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
- Strong IT and communication skills
- Hard working, reliable and flexible
- BS7671 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Ability to understand site drawings and SLDs.
- Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers
- Senior Authorised Person or Approved Authorised Person (training can be provided)
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.