Our client is a privately-owned renewable energy company who specialise in the installation and ongoing maintenance of domestic and commercial rooftop solar systems. Owing to continued growth they are actively looking to recruit a driven, ambitious and experienced O&M Manager for their commercial-scale PV operation.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of hands-on O&M on commercial-scale solar plants. As well as the organisation and coordination of a team of field service engineers carrying out planned, preventative and reactionary maintenance.
- Delivering the Solar O&M service to meet the client contractual requirements.
- Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer's requirements, and good industry practice
- Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control, and reporting on completed work.
- Writing and reviewing RAMS, permits and maintenance procedures.
- Day-to-day coordination of a team of solar technicians, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time.
- Stock management and procurement of materials
- Managing supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Liaising with external stakeholders i.e, landlords
- Reacting to emergencies, site outages and changing circumstances
- Determining common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Analysis of maintenance KPIs and implementing strategies to improve these.
- Ensuring client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly.
- Knowledge of operational requirements for Solar systems
- Strong technical understanding of AC and DC
- At least 2 years of managerial experience with a working knowledge of both financial and commercial elements (essential)
- Managing operational Solar systems
- Producing plans and programmes
- Managing solar sub-contractors
- Strong approach to safe working practices (essential)
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English (essential)
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.