Our client is the UK's leading Solar PV Operations and Maintenance provider. Responsible for maintaining 22,000 solar installations across the UK, they are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious individuals to join their highly skilled and experienced teams.
Due to significant growth in their Operations & Maintenance contracts, they are seeking an additional Site Operative to cover sites across the South West.
- Work closely with the Site Technician to maintain, inspect and test solar PV systems to assess and rectify underperformance issues.
- Assist in corrective maintenance works
- Be responsible for upkeep activities such as strimming, lawnmowing and groundworks
- Assisting the Site Technician with general duties with a view to keeping the solar arrays at peak performance.
- Experience of working on solar PV systems (preferred)
- Ideally you will be level 2 qualified in an electrotechnical subject with some electrical experience as a labourer/electrical improver.
- Forklift truck licence and/or other plant driving licence (desirable)
- Electrotechnical certificate ECS card (desirable)
- CSCS, CPCS (desirable)
- Experience is the use of landscaping machinery
- ground working or soft landscaping experience
- Towing licence (desirable)
- Applicants are required to have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication, organisational skills and be computer literate as they could find themselves communicating with customers, fellow team members (field & office based), technical experts / Regional managers and members of the public
- The ability to work without close supervision
- Physically fit for manual tasks
- Able to demonstrate flexibility towards working location and hours which may involve extended days, weekends or nights away from home.
- Valid full UK driving licence (essential)
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.