Climate 17 are delighted to be supporting our client who are a long-established Architectural firm based in London, with further offices in the UK. As an interdisciplinary practise they offer a full range of services from design, master planning and development consulting. Winner of over 100 awards in the industry, it is a pleasure to offer support to this professional firms' growth.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Sustainability & Energy Consultant for the Energy & Environment team within their thriving Development Consultancy.
- Develop energy and sustainability strategies on projects, including net zero carbon and climate change strategies for large residential and mixed-use master planning applications.
- Carry out environmental modelling and building analysis to support energy and CO2 calculations, overheating assessments and thermal modelling to comply with various environmental assessments (UK Building Regulations-Part L compliance, BREEAM. LEED, WELL etc).
- Assist the team Associate with business development.
- Developing sustainability and environmental strategies on architectural projects, to meet the client's brief, site conditions and statutory requirements. This would include emerging requirements around net zero carbon reporting and the new London Plan requirements.
- Carrying out 3D environmental modelling and building analysis in specialist software packages such as Elmhurst SAP, IES VE, Passivhaus Therm, Tally etc., (MBS Waldram Tools and Simscale). This will include the preparation of the analysis models in 3D modelling software such as Revit or AutoCAD.
- Preparation of supporting graphical material for reports and presentations to illustrate key technical concepts and project findings.
- Advising the client and consultant team on various environmental and planning policy
- Liaising with existing clients to help maintain continuing relationships and promoting the team's services with prospective clients.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments.
- Environmental or sustainability-related post-graduate or Master's qualification.
- Consultancy experience advising on sustainability/energy for residential architectural projects.
- Experience with preparing analysis and documents to support planning submissions on projects.
- Knowledge of current local and national planning policies, including that of the GLA.
- Creative and innovative with an appreciation for the appropriateness, viability, and practicality of solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of CHP systems, heat pumps, district heating solutions and carbon offsetting strategies.
- Ability to lead on project and manage deliverables from other team members and/or subconsultants.
- Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.