Climate17 are partnered with a well-respected renewable energy investment fund with over a decade worth of experience on the delivery and operation of utility-scale solar PV assets, attracting over $1 billion into their solar investment strategies since 2011.
Focusing initially on the strategic management of micro wind turbines, the Senior Portfolio Associate will develop, implement, and manage new, effective processes, systems and KPIs to successfully manage this large, group of assets. In the long-term the Portfolio Associate will strategically manage both solar PV, wind turbine and battery storage assets within the portfolio.
Portfolio Value Protection
- Working collaboratively, through taking the role of a 'facilitator and coordinator' when required, to ensure that the asset SPVs' main contractors are taking all reasonable measures, and using creative solutions, to ensure the plants availability and performance are optimal and maximised.
- In conjunction with the Portfolio Director, develop and implement new processes, procedures,management systems and KPIs which ensure effective management of the wind portfolio.
- Assume responsibility for all third-party contractor relationships.
- Working collaboratively, ensure that the funds' and asset owning SPVs' interests are protected and enhanced.
- Ensure that every SPV is abiding by the obligations under its respective lease, planning terms and LEMP, PPA, SLAs and grid connection agreement.
Analyse and interrogate all operational fixed and variable costs relating to the wind portfolio.
- Develop and manage an effective on-boarding process for new wind assets joining the portfolio.
- Manage any competitive tenders, negotiation, and implementation of market-leading insurance cover for the wind portfolio (and other plants or portfolios, as required).
- Manage the timely tendering, analysis and administration of all wind (export) PPAs.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring all relevant SPVs are adhering to best-in-class HSE policies, as well as any third-party contractors (via annual audits, as required).
Portfolio Value Enhancement
- Research, analyse and manage initiatives which enhance and improve the wind portfolio's revenue and value, reduce costs and protect and enhance the Fund's, SPV's and the company's reputation and 'brand'.
- Working closely with O&M contractors and Engineering teams, manage the design, implementation, and commercial oversight of a planned repowering activity for several turbines.
- Manage the analysis of the commercial benefits and technical possibilities in extending both lease and planning tenors.
- Lead the design and production of timely, concise, and commercially informative reports.
- Investment & Acquisition Due Diligence.
- As required, lead on the provision of analysis, insight and recommendations relating to operational aspects of potential new wind and solar PV developments and secondary acquisitions.
Wider business support
- As part of a small, experienced group of professionals you will be required to contribute widely to ongoing growth of the business through activities such as conference presentations; investor meetings and presentations; market analysis and research; fund documentation among others.
- In time, you may be required to take on the line management of more junior members of the portfolio team. If required, you will be registered with the FCA for relevant controlled function.
- At least 7 year's experience in renewable generation sector, with a focus on both solar PV and wind turbines.
- Technical and commercial asset management and/or owner representation, strongly preferred.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of commercial and technical aspects of wind turbine (including micro-wind) and solar PV assets.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment, with minimal supervision. Highly effective at managing and prioritising own workload.
- Experience in introducing new policies, procedures, and processes to monitor, protect and enhance the assets' NAV and revenue.
- Excellent report writing skills, ability to identify critical performance and commercial KPIs and produce concise, timely and informative reports for internal and market audiences.
- Clear understanding of main contractor's roles and responsibilities to ensure market-leading service provisions are consistently met.
- Working closely with third party contractors and Functional Teams (e.g. Finance, Legal, Investment, Engineering etc) across the business to improve and optimise performance of the projects.
- Proven ability to lead the timely and effective resolution of any disputes.
Location: London, Hybrid-working arrangement
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.