Our client is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With global reach, they create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities.
You will be working in the Consultancy & Advisory Services team, which provides an outstanding technical expertise that enables the implementation of sustainability projects. Their remit is across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Managing Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international and DACH clients on sustainability topics for the corporate sector. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals on corporate climate strategies, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions and for the implementation of projects, for which you will supervise project teams of varying sizes. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client. In addition, you may lead the development of new products and solutions to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international and DACH clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in the development of proposals for the corporate sector on topic corporate climate strategies, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions and implementation of advisory projects, as well as lead their technical review.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services.
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Lead the development of thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Topics of engagement may include: GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science Based Targets (SBTs), risk assessment and TCFD, materiality assessment, energy efficiency, Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- University degree, ideally at a Master's level or higher, in a sustainability-related field in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies.
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 7 years) in sustainability consulting or related field. Specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies; LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD); benchmarking / materiality assessment.
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of practice.
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and German.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Practical experience in sustainability/climate change strategy development; energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario analysis and risk and opportunity assessment (for either/both of physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD); and stakeholder engagement and change management.
- A Master's degree will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- Diligent, reliable and proactive.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.