Senior Maintenance Manager - BESS
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum plus car allowance, bonus & benefits
Location: Remote - Office and national site travel as req.
Our client is a fully integrated energy infrastructure company which owns, installs, and manages carbon reduction assets, including smart meters, battery energy storage systems and EV charge points.
They are actively looking for Senior Maintenance Manager to oversee the operational works being undertaken on their new battery energy storage sites as well as the line management of the in-house O&M team as well as external contractors.
- Foster a culture of HSE excellence within both your own team and the wider business.
- Develop an Operation and Maintenance function to fulfil our asset management and O&M objectives as our asset base grows in line with our pipeline.
- Ensure we have a suitable supply chain to deliver O&M services for BESS assets and develop to ensure effective and efficient delivery of works.
- Ensure the costs associated with our planned operational strategy is incorporated into our budget forecasts.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that operational and technical escalations are managed in line with regulatory, contractual & commercial obligations.
- Troubleshoot operational issues with our O&M service providers and supply partners to identify and resolve issues.
- Degree educated in engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Considerable experience in an Asset Management and/or Operational leadership role associated to energy networks and/or Renewables.
- Strong knowledge of energy management best practices, energy efficiency, and renewable technologies
- Experience of Asset Operational Data Analysis and Reporting, preferably but not essentially within the utilities, process or oil and gas sector, other industries will be considered.
- Engineering and Technical knowledge and experience with awareness of operational contract constraints and understanding of business and technical risks.
- H&S qualification IOSH or NEBOSH & SMSTS also
- EHS relevant experience, like RAMS, COSHH etc
- The ability to manage multiple O&M providers, BESS suppliers and other external parties across sites showing excellent communication skills.
- Positively influence a wide range of stakeholders under a variety of budgetary and regulatory pressures.
- Comfortable interacting with and presenting to a wide range of audiences, including senior management.
- Full UK driving license
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.