The role provides an exciting opportunity for a lawyer within a dynamic and changing business in a growing industry.
You will join a global renewable energy organisation. They develop, construct and operate the renewable energy projects, with focus on battery storage technology.
You will provide expert Legal support across all business activities, from development from greenfield, acquisition of shovel-ready projects, as well as those in more advanced stages.
Previous legal experience in Renewable Energy is key for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the UK development team with battery storage/renewable generation development with focus on the UK market, including:
- Assisting with legal aspects of RFP processes for tender or auction opportunities
- Assisting to understand energy regulatory frameworks and the commercial impact of legislative changes
- Liaising with EMEA Projects team through to project implementation phase including EPC, PPA and financing
- Due diligence of development opportunities and analysis of permitting and planning requirements
- Review and management of property related agreements and grid access arrangements
- Supporting negotiation of co-development and acquisition agreements and ancillary documents
- Assisting with financing arrangements (insofar as it relates to project requirements e.g. lease direct agreements, Lender DD support)
- Liaising with all internal business teams including business development, finance, technical, delivery, procurement, asset management
- Ensuring compliance with internal compliance framework and corporate approvals policies
- Opportunities will also arise to supervise the legal team’s paralegals, trainees and junior lawyers where appropriate to become involved in other areas of law where business needs arise
- Equivalent to at least 10 years Post Qualification Experience, preferably with some recent experience of working with renewable generation or battery storage
- Excellent academic background and experience gained in leading international / mid to top tier firm
- Ability to deal confidently and build strong relations with senior business colleagues
- Flexible attitude and the ability to multitask. Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to assess legal risk and commercial / practical considerations
- Excellent technical drafting skills and familiarity with the documents and types of work covered in the ‘Duties and responsibilities’ section of this job description
- Experience in a senior role in renewable energy and infrastructure sector
- Experience instructing and managing external/local counsel
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Familiarity with project financed power/infrastructure assets
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.