Our client is a multidisciplinary consultancy offering expertise across Environmental Permitting, Contaminated Land and Environmental Due Diligence. Their client base includes developers, architects, structural engineers and more, and the project pipeline is varied, ranging from small dispersion modelling assessments to large-scale residential, industrial and infrastructure projects.
This role requires someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and looking for a platform to not only make a difference, but stamp their own identity on an exciting environmental business. Therefore, the role not only needs somebody who is technically confident, but someone who is not afraid to guide clients through the challenges of overcoming technical problems from the moment a proposal is requested all the way through to delivering an actionable report that will get sites approval.
You will also need to contribute to the development of the wider technical team and will be working closely with other disciplines to ensure that projects are delivered as effectively as possible, and resources and knowledge is shared. Our client's geotechnical projects are UK-based and range from single residential dwellings through to major residential, industrial and infrastructure environmental impact assessments.
We would expect the candidate to be a chartered (equivalent) engineer, either as a full member or on a route to full membership. Our client can continue to support you on your professional development where required.
Responsibilities & Key Performance Areas
- A practical and well-rounded foresight for potential issues and effectively managing situations before they arise. Clearly proactive, less reactive.
- Technical competency based on high level of skill and understanding usually reflected in Chartership (or identical accreditation) or near Chartership status.
- Project Manager capable of overseeing several regular to mid-sized multi-disciplinary projects and two to three strategic projects at any one time with minimal intervention depending on mastery. Can peer review select technical reports.
- Can delegate and co-ordinate high levels of workload. Able to clearly define important verses urgent (less important) tasks.
- Committed to maintaining effective working relationships and workflows amongst the team, suppliers and clients.
- Working as a Relationship Manager with at least several key clients and agents, building a solid technical and commercial reputation.
- Opportunity Manager on proposals with proven track record of awards. Commercially aware and growing as a Relationship Manager with trusted contacts.
- Supervising and mentoring project teams, ensuring strict application of workflows and systems that sustain our client's ethos.
- Relevant UK experience of geotechnical assessments and design.
- University degree in a relevant geotechnical or engineering based subject, ideally masters in specific field.
- Excellent organisational and numerical skills with experience of managing your own workload.
- Excellent reporting, proposal skills and confidence to liaise directly with clients and regulators.
- Design, preparation and project management of geotechnical investigations including preparation of health and safety plans, supervision during investigations including logging to BS5930 and EC7 and soil sampling. The candidate will need to have familiarity with all ground investigation techniques.
- Use of geotechnical databases, such as HoleBASE and use of slope stability applications, such as SLIDE or SLOPE/W.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports, including bearing capacity, settlement, pavement design and foundations. A working knowledge of pile design, soil nails, ground anchors, retaining walls, slope stabilisation, dewatering and reinforced soil would also be desirable.
- A flexible and dynamic approach and for working in a growing team, able to work both in the office and remotely at home.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.