Our client is a small, rapidly growing agri-tech firm who provide IoT-enabled products and services to farmers and data to the organisation, empowering farmers economically, socially and environmentally and providing the agricultural industry unprecedented data analytics.
Our client requires a passionate Senior Full-Stack Developer interested in contributing to the development of data-driven mobile-first and web-based solutions for the 550+ million small-medium holder farmers around the world. The farmers face climate change, market access, soil degradation and low farm productivity challenges, and our client’s vision is to empower them in all areas whilst revealing farm insights for the wider agriculture ecosystem.
You should be eager to work on new challenges, and be able to manage complex software development tasks. Familiarity with common cloud-based and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies is a plus.
- Working in a software team and with contractors to ensure delivery of product features and product releases at the required level of quality.
- Contributing towards sales activities by transforming farmer and agri-ecosystem client requirements into functional solutions.
- Integrating geospatial datasets.
- Developing a user-centred front-end for the farmer and clients in the agri-ecosystem.
- Developing browser-based presentation of geospatial data and data analytics in conjunction with the R&D team.
- Taking initiative and ownership of tasks and working in an agile framework.
- Ensure a scalable product built for widespread commercialization.
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle
- Experience in Python, esp. in web frameworks such as Flask, or Django.
- Experience in HTML, CSS3, Java Script and React.JS
- Extensive knowledge of software design patterns and test driven development.
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Extensive knowledge of database design techniques (SQL).
- Experience with version control system tools, e.g. GIT and knowledge of branching workflows e.g.GitFlow.
- Experience in agile methodologies and working in scrum teams.
- CI/CD experience (GitLab, AWS CloudFormation or similar services).
- Good analytical skills.
- Eager to take on responsibility and desire to lead.
- Passionate and curious about learning new software skills and motivated for self-development.
- Great communication skills.
- Long term view in developing the company.
- Experience with Material-UI or similar frontend framework.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, PostGIS and/or noSQL.
- Experience with designing and development of distributed cloud-based applications, esp. in docker and containerization eco-system with AWS.
- Experience with AWS Serverless deployments (AWS SAM, AWS CDK).
- Experience in deploying machine learning models.
- Experience with API design, testing, and documentation (Swagger / OpenAPI, Postman, etc.).
- Desire to travel (when the COVID-19 pandemic is over of course) internationally and see exciting new places in often rural areas and work in sustainable development.
- Experience in IoT based software communication or control.
- Prior experience working as a scrum master.
- Prior experience with agriculture and/or energy systems modelling.
- Understanding climate smart agriculture.
- Prior experience with working with satellite technology and Earth Observation data sets.
- Experience with mapping libraries e.g. OpenLayers, Leaflet and/or Mapbox.
- Experience with data visualisation e.g. D3.JS, Vega, etc.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.