Our client is a leading sustainability business looking to add a Senior Consultant to its expanding team. Our client provides commercially focused sustainability strategy, reporting, risk management, and performance services to some of the UK’s largest organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is at the leading edge of sustainability, working with companies to tackle climate change and deliver impact.
As a senior member of the team, you will be a passionate leader and effective communicator. The successful candidate will have sustainability consulting experience or have worked in an in-house role, and you will have been responsible for leading GHG verification and assurance exercises across a broad range of industry and organisation types.
Client relationship management:
- Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex clients.
- Programme management of client delivery with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Business development to expand our work with key clients and drive growth of the company.
Service delivery and improvement:
- Leading strategic projects with clients to verify and assure their annual GHG assertions, ESG reports and wider sustainability performance.
- In-depth knowledge of verification and assurance standards with a focus on ISO 14064-3. Experience with ISO 14065 and wider assurance standards such as AA1000 is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of legislative reporting frameworks such as SECR, mandatory GHG reporting and the EU ETS.
- Good working knowledge of voluntary ESG reporting frameworks such as CDP, GRESB, TCFD and GRI.
- Scaling consultancy services through effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team.
Communication and people:
- Empathy, intuition and influencing skills to draw out priorities, consolidate thinking and get buy-in to the proposed route forward.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead workshops with business leaders.
- Leading teams and supporting colleagues with personal development.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in GHG verification and assurance services.
- Consultancy experience with proven team leadership capabilities.
- Strong auditing skills supported by recognised training and qualifications, such as Lead Auditor training.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to confidently communicate verification findings that lead to accurate reporting and continuous improvement.
- Technical knowledge of the various audit and verification standards and the bodies that define them such as BSI, UKAS and ISO.
- Preparing clear outcome focused verification reports, presentations and papers.
- Working knowledge relating to governance structures and risk reporting and management processes.
- Project and programme management experience.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.