Our client is an engineering consultancy providing project development, owner's engineering and technical due diligence services for offshore wind projects globally.
Due to ongoing growth, they currently have a vacancy available for a Senior Consultant to join their project engineering / management team.
The Senior Consultant will work on, and project manage, a broad range of consultancy assignments, primarily focused on owner's engineering management.
- Work as technical lead on projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the time-frame, costs and quality standards established.
- Represent the company as a key domain expert, sharing knowledge and experience to support the wider development of company competencies to enhance overall assignment execution to clients.
- Generate and prospect leads - including representing the company at conferences, seminars and meetings to establish business development leads and to market company to prospective clients.
- Follow up on leads to generate new work.
- Independently prepare tenders and proposals.
- Consult on all matters of offshore wind topics, such as project development, feasibility, procurement, construction, pre-FEED, O&M, Grid, etc. For instance, being able to review employers' requirements, review as part of a due diligence assignment, lead work packages, advising on early development topics, development and realisation phase projects.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies.
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
- Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work product.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
- Qualified to degree standard in Engineering (or a relevant subject).
- First or upper second-class honours degree.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institutional body (desirable).
- 5 - 10 years experience in an engineering / renewables consultancy, working on offshore wind related project work.
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of offshore wind projects.
- Experience of conducting lenders technical advisor assignments (desirable).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Expert in the use of MS office package.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of offshore wind farms with specialist knowledge of a relevant area of offshore wind development and construction.
- Excellent English communication skills and excellent report writing skills.
- Familiar with commercial and contractual issues.
- Good sales and business development techniques.
- Project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of offshore wind farm industry and project management.
- Project management ability, qualification desirable
- Understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance, M&A markets, regulatory/policy matters).