Our client is a leading global environmental consultancy who specialise in all areas of the built and natural environment, shaping the future of our environmental, social and economic landscapes.
You'll have responsibility for managing and overseeing medium-scale projects from commencement to completion within the given cost budgets and time scales agreed.
You'll be an important and active link between Directors and the wider team, providing: technical knowledge of UK legislation in relation to environmental regulations, policy, guidance and procedures e.g. contaminated land, waste, and industry specific operational environmental regulations; detailed knowledge of applying environmental liability and sustainability principles to a range of projects; and advising on corporate (M&A) transactions i.e. auditing operational issues such as permitting, EHS compliance, best practice and legislative requirements across wide range of industrial and commercial sectors.
- A degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Earth Science / Environmental Science / CSR), preferably with a relevant Masters (MSc) or post-graduate qualification
- Previous experience of working in a similar role and already (or working towards being) a Chartered member of a relevant professional body e.g. IEMA, IES, CIWEM, NEBOSH certificate.
- A willingness to pursue or a demonstrated track record in EHS due diligence is desirable.
- Awareness and experience of ESG considerations, corporate sustainability and supply chain issues, with broad knowledge of sustainability trends and business issues is considered advantageous.
- You'll have the ability to mentor and coach others and be highly competent at project delivery.
- You'll be technically sound and always up to date with current methods, legislation, procedures and standards.
- Good time and project management skills are a must as are strong influencing and communication skills to enable you to build, maintain and consolidate working relationships with colleagues, clients and external bodies.
- There are some travel requirements and opportunities within and outside the UK associated with this role and a full UK Driving Licence is essential. European language skills would be advantageous.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.