Climate17 are working with one of the world's largest research companies.
Their Energy and Environment team covers one of the most innovative and fast-moving policy areas within the UK and internationally. They respond to the needs of the UK government and its agencies to help it design, deliver, and evaluate policies in areas critical to the achievement of net zero, climate resilience, biodiversity, and the just transition.
To support their continued growth in these key areas, they are currently seeking to appoint an Senior Consultant with economic and impact evaluation expertise to join them.
As a Senior Evaluation Consultant, you will contribute to impact and economic evaluations of varying sizes and for a variety of clients.
These projects will commonly assess the impacts of government interventions on economic growth, markets, RD&I, jobs and skills, investment, trade and national leadership and reputation. Crucially, this will involve evaluating national and international progress in meeting grand challenges such as net zero, industrial decarbonisation, fuel poverty, energy efficiency, air pollution, biodiversity depletion and the growth of the circular economy.
- Evaluation delivery - specifically, the co-design and delivery of evaluation frameworks, the development of evaluation methods, the development of responses to evaluation questions and meeting evaluation objectives.
- The application of specific economic and quantitative evaluation techniques, such as cost-benefit analysis, data-linking, econometric analysis (panel data models - fixed and random effects), experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluation methods (RCTs, matching methods).
- Management of projects or strands of projects.
- Developing day-to-day client relationships while ensuring projects are delivered to budget and timescale.
- Drafting research tools to a high standard, requiring little amendment (for desk-based secondary analysis and primary data collection).
- Primary data collection, including in-depth interviews and survey design/set-up.
- Drafting accessible and concise reporting outputs of evaluation and research findings.
- Presentation of results to clients and stakeholders.
- Contributing to evaluation proposals as part of a wider team.
- Line management of junior staff.
- A strong academic background in social sciences (e.g., economics, economic geography, statistics).
- Proven track record of managing and delivering projects to timescale and budgets with limited supervision.
- Proven experience of designing and delivering evaluation in a commercial environment or equivalent experience in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of conducting economic research or analysis and/or quantitative impact analysis relevant to this post.
- A passion for and understanding of environmental public policy development.
- Experience designing research materials, including analytical frameworks or grids/templates or questionnaires.
- Experience of primary and secondary data collection and analysis (interviews, surveys, literature review).
- Experience in the development of client-ready quantitative analysis and/or reporting.
- Proven ability to lead/contribute to research and evaluation proposals.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.