Our client is a well-known British renewable energy company that has been helping domestic and commercial clients be part of a sustainable solution to climate change for over two-decades. The energy they provide comes from a variety of UK-based renewable sources such as Solar PV, Wind, and Biofuels.
You will be part of the regulation and public affairs function, which is responsible for ensuring the client is well prepared for forthcoming regulatory change, as well as contributing to, and influencing the policy-making process. You will develop company positions and monitor and assess industry issues.
You Will Need To Be
- Comfortable working on complex subjects and clearly communicating company positions externally – including to large and/or expert groups.
- Credible, with a high level of personal integrity.
- A quick learner; able to digest detail at speed without losing sight of the big picture.
- Able to work remotely and travel regularly within the UK (mainly to London).
- Confident engaging with senior internal stakeholders.
- Able to work in a fast-changing environment
- Maintaining an up-to-date view of proposed reforms and future developments in the industry; with particular focus on the activities of Ofgem, BEIS and relevant code administrators.
- Working with teams internally to understand and document the business implications of relevant reforms, escalating risk and opportunities appropriately, and identifying commercially considered solutions to highlighted implications.
- Advising key stakeholders on emerging industry and public policy issues.
- Collating and helping develop all company responses to relevant industry consultations and calls for evidence, liaising with and drawing information from internal colleagues to create commercially considered responses and securing senior approval for submissions.
- Maintain an up-to-date view of the key external stakeholders across government, regulators, thinktanks and industry participants.
- Building relationships with and engaging with company’s trade associations, eliciting actionable industry intelligence from them, and working to ensure that all their activities and messaging are aligned with company’s interests.
- Representing the company externally - Articulating/explaining/defending company’s stance at appropriate forums, such as trade association working groups, industry conferences, and regulatory panels.
- Gathering industry intelligence and reporting developments to relevant colleagues in simplistic language based on level of impact and risk.
- Attending and feeding into working group and seminars to ensure company’s message is clearly communicated internally and externally.
- Supporting colleagues in the compliance team to understand and embed regulatory changes.
- Energy policy experience and up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Experience of interpreting proposed regulatory and policy changes, and establishing business requirements and commercial priorities for reform.
- Able to interpret complex issues and draw out key points clearly and succinctly, ensuring messaging covers only the salient points.
- Able to communicate complex issues to non-expert audiences.
- Commercial experience working with a business to deliver solutions that are easy to use, and consider the related risk.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written communication skills; able to write clearly and concisely in an appropriate style.
- Confident and capable of presenting to large/senior/expert audiences.
- Focused and able to draw out relevant information from internal stakeholders, in a timely, collaborative manner.
- Strong organisational skills; able to balance competing priorities and work collaboratively to produce quality work within deadlines.
- Able to build strong working relationships and effectively influence others, whilst maintaining professional integrity.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.