Our client has led the market in energy data and analytics for almost 40 years. Today, they provide services to over thirty thousand businesses and organisations and processes data for just under 20% of the UK's electricity consumption every day. Their flagship data analytics software is the tool of choice for thousands of energy professionals.
We are seeking a confident and articulate Python Developer to be the sole Python presence in the company, and the link between the Data Science and Development teams. The ideal candidate will be happy to help the company develop the use of Python within the current teams. As part of the job you will be working cross-team with the Data Science team to produce prototype code and develop an integration framework.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Draw up precise specifications prior to development against which test plans can be created.
- Design and develop software to a high standard according to programming guidelines and procedures for reliability and maintainability.
- Use version control to track, manage and review changes to code using branches to isolate feature development.
- Accurately document developments according to procedures for internal documentation and documentation for customers.
- Unit test development work prior to release to the Testing Department.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience writing code that is supported by strong unit testing, version control and continuous integration practices.
- Experience deploying applications to Docker/Kubernetes.
- Desirable to have demonstrable continuous professional development in programming languages such as C#, Java or Python.
- Good knowledge of Python and its standard library, plus frameworks/libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Flask.
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows server deployment environments.
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
- Consistently professional, confident, and calm even in challenging situations.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.