Our client is a fully integrated investor, developer and operator of clean energy and storage projects in the UK.
They currently have a pipeline in excess of 2GW of solar and battery storage sites and are now looking to appoint a Projects Director to oversee projects, starting from late-stage development through to construction completion, as well as manage and grow a team of construction and project management professionals to deliver this significant pipeline.
- Oversee the delivery of a rapidly growing pipeline of large scale (10-50 MW ) solar and storage projects, starting from late-stage development through to construction completion.
- Coordinate Legal, Planning, Technical, Finance, Investment and Construction work streams to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of projects.
- Oversee the development and management of project schedules from late-stage development through to operation with support from internal teams.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage project risks.
- Lead cash forecasting for project delivery for short and long timescales.
- Coordinate EPC and ICP tenders with support from internal teams.
- Lead the negotiation of EPC and ICP contracts with support from internal teams.
- Manage EPC and ICP contract milestone acceptance, payments, variations and disputes.
- Coordinate with EPCs, ICPs and internal teams to ensure all necessary documentation is received for project acceptance.
- Manage relationships with DNOs, landowners, local councils, and other affected stakeholders to ensure minimal disruption during project delivery, settle disputes, as necessary.
- Lead regular internal reporting on project schedules, budgets and risks.
- Drive process improvement throughout the organisation to ensure projects are industry leading.
- Assist in the development of project delivery standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key EPC and ICP partners.
- Manage and grow a team of construction and project management professionals to deliver pipeline.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years involvement in project management of renewable energy or other power generation projects.
- 10 years' experience in a project management role, with clear demonstration of increasing responsibility for project delivery.
- Management of complex and multi-disciplinary projects for on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Management of demanding external stakeholders with competing interests.
- Project management certifications and training beneficial.
Desired Skills and Capabilities:
- Self-starter willing to work within a small and agile team.
- High degree of competency with civil, mechanical and electrical project management.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with ability to build relationships and manage conflicts with external parties.
- Good understanding of key risks and commercial drivers of construction contracts.
- Competency with MS Project and other project management software.
- Willingness to build and lead a team to support rapid company growth.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.