Our client is a leading global renewable energy company who are searching for an experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for the planning and execution of a programme of upgrade, repair and remediation work on an operational solar farm portfolio.
- Manage a pipeline of Project work through all stages including identification, quotation, approval, scheduling, planning, execution, technical completion, de-snagging, invoicing and warranty claims.
- Identify sources of new work from end of warranty inspections, maintenance inspection reports, serial defects and upgrade opportunities.
- Forecast the team’s long-term resource demand and supply. Action any imbalances.
- Line managing a team of site installation technicians, providing coaching, motivation and continuous improvement of quality standards.
- Developing relationships with a selection of quality sub-contractors, managing their site works and providing timely feedback.
- Draw up a consolidated ongoing Project Plan to identify the resources, materials, plant, procedures, costs and timeframes
- Execute the Project Plan in accordance with manufacturer’s and warranty requirements, contract terms, quality systems, HSQE standards (including CDM) and best industry practice.
- Accountability for the safety, profitability, quality and warranty claims for the Project Plan.
- Delivery of the approved Project Plan
- Produce detailed specification and scope documents for tendering
- Lead procurement activities
- Award sub-contracts and finalise programme of works
- Organise the necessary enabling activities such as welfare, temporary tracks, power supplies and make the relevant CDM F10 notifications
- Project manage sub-contracted works in accordance with the timescales and budget in the approved Project Plan
- Regular status updates to Asset Manager and owner, and forecasting time and cost to completion
- Knowledge of CDM
- Experience of the construction activities for solar farms
- Knowledge of key HSE legislation and guidance pertaining to project activities
- Project Management skills
- Contract management skills
- Experience managing a programme of electrical and civil project work
- Experience producing project plans and programmes
- Experience managing solar sub-contractors
- Electrical qualifications
- Relevant safety qualifications such as IOSH or SMSTS
- Project management qualifications desirable
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.