Our client, who is a dedicated investor, developer and asset manager of renewable energy projects is assembling a leadership team to help develop the company to be a leading organisation within the Clean Energy space.
The Project Development Co-ordinator will support the team across the acquisition and development of ground mount solar and storage projects. This involves providing support to the MD and Technical manager and deliver a range of site assessment activities.
The role will provide support from project inception, taking greenfield sites to shovel ready status, which includes site and landowner identification and engagement, site suitability assessments, owning and managing project administration and documentation through grid connection, land leasing and planning phases.
- Work with the development team to identify and validate land for large scale solar projects within the UK.
- Assess land from a planning and grid perspective through liaison with DNO’s to identify capacity and gauging planning risk based on land designations, land grade and views onto site.
- Submit grid enquiries, creating a database of information on which land sourcing is based.
- Using online resources to find and contact relevant landowners to book appointments for the Land acquisition team.
- Create ways to expedite and refine the process of land searching.
- From time to time support site visits and help assess potential suitable sites.
- Support the acquisition team with managing landowners’ details, obtaining and filing letters of intent and lease agreements.
- Manage and provide administrative support throughout the planning process, tracking project milestones and costs against forecasts.
- Supporting the team with anticipating and mitigating development risk.
- The individual must be a creative problem-solver with an ability to combine legal, planning, technical and commercial knowledge to ensure the successful delivery projects.
- A driven individual who has expertise in either Land Acquisition or Development, ideally within Renewable Energy.
- Good technical skills, possibly in GIS, ability to interpret map information and ideally energy yield software.
- An eye for detail and a willingness to learn.
- Good professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Very organised, with an ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at once passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline driven, challenging environment.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.