Project Controller - Renewable Energy
In Climate17 we are looking for a Project Controller (PC) for one of our main international clients, a developer, constructor and operator of photovoltaic plants that has projects in more than 10 countries.
This person will play an important role in the accounting and reporting activities of the group. The PC will continue to develop and improve the day-to-day operations, and work with accountants in the local entities around the world.
As the Group increases its operations around the world and fund-raising there will be increasing focus on accounting and reporting. The role requires a flexible, hands-on accountancy professional, with the following responsibilities, but are not limited:
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closing activities: day to day accounting, month-end accruals, account reconciliations, invoicing, reconciliation of Spanish GAAP books to IFRS, trend analysis, forecasts, cash flows preparation of local statutory accounts.
- Cash management, preparation of payments, relationship with banks.
- Participate and support internal and external audits.
- Responsible for reviewing and preparing payment of local taxes in connection with tax consultants.
- Ensure timely preparation and review of the corporate income tax returns, their filing as per the statutory requirements and manage overall financial reporting requirements related to taxes both internally or externally.
- Be the liaison with local tax authorities in connection with the external accounting and tax consultants.
- Responsible for all data collection related to overall reporting requirements for the local legal entities.
- Ensure accounting data complies with Spanish GAAP and IFRS reporting and promote correct usage of accounts.
The Project Controller will also oversee and support the financial controller to ensure that the following activities are properly performed across all Spanish entities:
- Managing a growing finance team.
- Maintaining and improving financial processes, reporting and controls
- Coordinating the local statutory audits and Group audit component
- Preparing quarterly Spanish IFRS consolidation for Group reporting purposes
- Loan compliance
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Statutory accounting and tax compliance
This is an opportunity to join a relatively young, dynamic company where you will have a chance to interact at all levels within the business.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.Apply now
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.