Our client is one of the UK's leading generators of low carbon power. They are very proud to be one of the few companies in the UK already delivering a positive impact on climate change through the capture of greenhouse gas and use that resource to generate low carbon electricity.
Our client is looking for a new Programme Manager to join their ever-growing team. The Programme Manager will oversee solar/BESS development/pre-construction and construction activity which requires a central project planning function. This role will produce and manage (in consultation with team members) project programmes and resource plans.
Projects include development, pre-construction, and construction of:
- Solar Parks.
- Battery Energy Storage Systems.
- Coal Mine Methane Gas to Wire.
- Power Response generating stations.
- Variation to existing operations, including decommissioning activities.
- Work with the projects team to support the provision of the highest quality project controls support.
- Liaise with the projects team to support provision of optimum cost and scheduled performance.
- Formulate, organise, and monitor programmes for individual and inter-connected projects.
- Formulate and apply change control.
- Formulate and apply trend analysis.
- Formulate and apply risk management.
- Formulate and apply resource management.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to capture all project inputs.
- Identify areas for project/programme improvement.
- Support the project team through production of updates and KPI reports.
- Produce variance analysis (both schedule and cost).
- Produce recovery plans where appropriate with estimates at completion and estimates to completion.
- Work closely with the project team to increase programme awareness among different stakeholders.
- Ideally experience of managing solar projects through the lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience within the Renewable energy industry is advantageous.
- Experience in Programme Management of Construction on Infrastructure projects
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of programme and project management methods and principles.
- Strong attention to detail and time management.
- Good user experience in MS Project is advantageous.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and build networks.
- Strong ability to manage people and stakeholders.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.