Principal Mechanical Engineer - Sustainability
£50000 - £65000.00 per annum
Climate17 are a proud partner of a leading independent consultancy firm, who are a Development, Built Asset and sustainability consultancy. They offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers, and owners on maximising the best property asset values.
Working as part of an established building services (M E) team, we require a highly experienced Mechanical Engineer to support the development and expansion of our Edinburgh M E project offering, working closely with and reporting to, the national project team leads. You will need extensive design knowledge (both detailed and performance), robust management and leadership capabilities, business development and client relationship management skills, commercial awareness and the vision, desire, and expertise to assist in the growth of a sustainable and successful service line. This role provides an opportunity to work on high-profile and leading commercial properties and developments across the UK and Europe.
You will work on prestigious, seminal, and landmark buildings with clients such as The Crown Estate, M G Real Estate, Aviva Investors, Columbia Threadneedle, Broadgate Estates, Legal and General and Knight Frank Investment Management.
Our Engineering and Sustainability hub consists of 21 engineers and consultants across our network of UK offices and provides a platform for professional and technical growth. You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile commercial properties and developments for clients including Derwent, Grosvenor, LaSalle, L&G, M&G and The Crown Estate.
The team is expanding, and this is an opportunity for a candidate to make an impact on key service lines within an established business, which is driving the decarbonisation of the built environment.
- Work in conjunction with the service line leads/Partners to support the development and expansion of the Edinburgh Engineering and Sustainability team offering in line with an agreed growth strategy.
- Contribute to the successful integration of project offerings within the Edinburgh office, working alongside the existing professional services Engineering and Sustainability team.
- Manage and front Edinburgh Building Services projects.
- Deliver a variety of projects (on both detailed and performance design basis).
- Provide project monitoring for institutional investors and lenders.
- Develop opportunities with existing and potential clients and in-house building surveyors and project managers.
- Monitor the financial performance of the team (in line with agreed targets) and report to national project leads.
- Manage pipeline work and resourcing.
- Enhance and expand an existing sustainable and profitable service offering.
- Educated to a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Chartered Building Services Engineer (or similar equivalent)
- Extensive design experience and technical knowledge
- Proven client relationship management and business development abilities
- Ability to think innovatively and deliver on a clear vision for the future.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent personal and self-management skills with a strong drive to succeed and develop leadership capabilities.
- Desire and ability to contribute to the growth of an existing successful service offering.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.