Portfolio Manager - Carbon
Climate17 is delighted to be partnering with an impact-driven provider of environmental services with 25 years of experience in carbon markets and emissions reduction projects around the world. Our client is committed to developing high-quality carbon projects based on the principles of environmental integrity, transparency and good practices that contribute not only to climate change mitigation but also to sustainable and inclusive development. With a rapidly growing project portfolio, they offer experience and tailored services in the origination, development and financing of Nature-based solutions (NbS) projects that can access the voluntary and compliance carbon markets via REDD , Restoration, Regenerative & Low-Carbon Agriculture, Energy and Blue Carbon mechanisms.
As a Carbon Portfolio Manager, you will play a key role in bringing credits from top-tier projects to the market. This role offers a platform for exceptional candidates to join a leading and rapidly expanding player in the voluntary carbon market, looking to contribute to positive changes on a global scale.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy to meet targets, identifying and establishing new business opportunities in the carbon markets.
- Foster relationships with business partners to facilitate the placement of carbon credits.
- Ensure participation in competitive procurement opportunities.
- Manage and provide regular reports on the status of the carbon credit portfolio.
- Monitor voluntary and compliance carbon markets to identify trends and developments, informing portfolio strategy decisions (pricing, volumes, positioning).
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with key market stakeholders, including carbon exchanges, project developers, and buyers.
- Collaborate with internal teams to offer market insights and data for strategic planning and decision-making.
- Coordinate with technical, origination, and structuring teams to ensure clear communication regarding the available pipeline of credits and market trends.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, environmental science, or related field; MBA is a plus.
- 5 years of experience in carbon business development/trading.
- Solid understanding of carbon market dynamics, encompassing both voluntary and regulated markets.
- Proven track record in portfolio management and strategic trading.
- Alignment with internal operational procedures and reporting obligations.
- Highly collaborative approach to cross-team collaboration across diverse geographical locations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Interest, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work and grow within an entrepreneurial environment, associated with a reputable brand in the global carbon markets.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.