Climate17 are partnered with a well-respected renewable energy investment fund with over a decade worth of experience on the delivery and operation of utility-scale solar PV assets, attracting over $1 billion into their solar investment strategies since 2011.
They are looking to add a Portfolio Analyst / Junior Associate to their growing team to assist with the monitoring, tracking and reporting on the operational and financial performance of the solar farms. In the long-term the role will adopt responsibility for, and manage, a range of routine tasks and will gradually take on additional responsibilities to the fund's wind turbine assets in addition to the solar PV portfolio.
- Attend internal and external meetings, producing simple and clear minutes/action-lists which arise. Log and monitor these action points.
- Assume responsibility for the organisation and management of the portfolio function's electronic files and storage.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, provide support in the development of an onboarding process for all new assets joining the portfolio. Lead on the management, tracking and updating of the onboarding process once established.
- Administer the portfolio's export & import PPA arrangements: PPA trackers, competitive tenders, tender analysis and contract management.
- Researching and identifying potential counterparties and opportunities for corporate PPAs; assisting in the design, modelling and negotiation of commercial PPA agreements.
- Production of a daily report regarding the UK wholesale N2EX and future power prices, factors affecting the UK power market and summaries of the Portfolio's PPA strategy and status.
- Support senior team members in the establishment, management and recording/tracking of ad hoc value-protection and value enhancement projects.
- Monitor and produce routine reports relating to all operational fixed and variable costs relating to the solar portfolio.
- Manage the establishment and ongoing maintenance of a 'critical works calendar' alongside the asset management and O&M teams.
- Monitor and manage the maintenance and updating of asset SPV HSE policies, third-party contractor HSE audits and H&S reporting.
- Using a range of data sources, provide very high level, concise and insight drafts of routine internal and external performance reports.
- Manage the reporting calendar, ensuring all required reports and data are provided by internal departments and external service-providers in a timely manner.
Investment & Acquisition Due Diligence
- As required, provide support to the provision of analysis, insight and recommendations relating to operational aspects of potential new wind and solar PV developments and secondary acquisitions.
- This will focus on (but not be limited to) EPC designs, operational performance, export PPAs, leases, EPC/O&M/OEM and other service agreements, business rates, insurance and operational H&S matters.
Wider business support
- As part of a small, experienced group of professionals you will be required to contribute widely to ongoing growth of the business through activities such as conference presentations; investor meetings and presentations; market analysis and research; fund documentation among others.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 2 years' experience in renewable generation sector, with a focus on solar PV. Experience and onshore wind turbines and/or battery storage will be very beneficial.
- Technical and commercial asset management and/or owner representation strongly preferred.
- An understanding and knowledge of commercial and technical aspects of utility-scale solar PV and onshore wind turbine.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment, with minimal supervision. Highly effective at managing and prioritising own workload.
- Excellent report writing skills, ability to identify critical performance and commercial KPIs and produce concise, timely and informative reports for internal and market audiences.
- Experience working across internal business areas and external service-providers, establishing and developing working relationships and processes.
- Good understand of MS software, with a focus on Excel - modelling skills required.
- Understanding of renewable EPC and O&M contracts, PPAs, leases, planning and insurances: Knowledge and experience of corporate PPAs would be beneficial.
Location: London, Hybrid-working arrangement
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.