Climate17 are working on an exclusive basis with a leading provider of engineering and advisory services to the Energy sector.
We are actively supporting them with the growth of their Renewable Energy business which provides advisory, technical project development and consenting expertise to clients across the Offshore Renewables sector.
Due to an increasing demand for their services, they are currently seeking to hire an Offshore Wind Consultant who will be responsible for delivering engineering consultancy services to their clients.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or any other relevant engineering degree (2:1 or higher).
- MSc or equivalent in a related subject area for on and offshore wind energy technologies.
- Chartered engineer or similar relevant industry membership.
Around 5 years’ work experience, with at least 3 years in the wind energy sector. Experience in the management or undertaking of assignments in some or all of the following areas is essential for offshore wind energy:
- Site identification, selection and screening studies.
- Feasibility studies and/or detailed technical assessment including some of the below:
- Site wind resource
- Candidate wind turbine generators (WTG) selection and preliminary layout design.
- Preliminary energy yield and financial modelling.
- Project concept development/preliminary design (grid connection, onshore works, offshore layout and specs, capacity)
- Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) modelling.
- Experience with met-ocean surveys, data analysis etc.
- Pre-construction experience in UK or European offshore wind farms.
- Any experience in floating wind would be a plus.
- Demonstrable track record in the post area for lease award, pre-construction of offshore wind energy projects in the UK or Europe.
- Member of a relevant industry body or institute.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of offshore wind farms with specialist knowledge of a relevant area of offshore wind development and construction.
- Experience of conducting lenders technical advisor assignments.
- Experience of project and people/contract management activities.
- Project orientated with a keen interest and knowledge of offshore wind farm industry and project management.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.