We are proud to recruit for a Natural Carbon Project Expert with a global client who creates intact forests and ecosystems that positively impact our climate, biodiversity and human well-being. With over 20 years' history in this sector, they are one of the most established brands committed to this cause.
They create nature-based climate projects and integrate them into sustainability strategies with their clients to achieve sustainability targets.
They offer holistic solutions by creating climate protection strategies including, but not limited to: GHG, recommendations on how to reduce carbon footprints and/or advice on insetting/offsetting through certified climate protection projects.
- Sourcing and assessment (including financial due diligence) of Natural Carbon Projects (REDD , A/R, Blue Carbon etc.)
- Elaboration of project design documents, project implementation, and support of carbon certification cycles
- Responsible management of our existing project portfolio to meet the credit demand of our corporate clients in quality and quantity
- Gathering intelligence about market trends, relevant regulation, and policies
- University degree in economics, resource management, forestry, agriculture or related field
- At least 3 years professional experience in sustainable land use and carbon markets
- Proven experience of simultaneous management of different projects in an international team
- Experience in the preparation of business and financial plans for natural carbon projects or similar (e.g. renewable energy)
- Fluent in English and Spanish or French, additional languages are an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Professional experience in Latin America, Africa or South-East Asia is an advantage
What we offer
- Collaboration in an international interdisciplinary and dynamic team
- Exciting field of work at the interface between business and climate protection
- A casual work environment with impact
- A comprehensive introduction to our team and processes while providing the space to develop your own solutions - new ideas are expressly welcome
- Remote work possible if preferred
- Regular training and capacity building
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.