Our client is a market-leading energy technology company with a vision to simplify distributed energy for global sustainability impact. They are currently looking for a Market Insight Analyst to join a team that has recently been set up with the aim of analysing global power markets.
About the role
The role of Market Insight Analyst is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to:
- A wide range of trending topics in the power sector.
- The latest research and development achievements throughout Europe.
- A wide range of technologies being applied innovatively within a rapidly changing environment.
- The opportunity to define and expand the role.
- Modelling – The successful candidate will be expected to develop a number of pricing models for different power markets. This will involve analysing and identifying trends with a view to maximising the returns available from the assets under management.
- Analysis Report Production – This role requires an amount of analysis, ranging from market assessment and business models in power markets to specific technical solutions.
- Must be proficient in SQL and have experience with SQL and databases.
- Significant Python experience required – this will be tested at interview.
- Experience in a programming language (e.g. Java/Python/R/Node.js).
- Experience in automation, model development and back testing.
- At least 1 year of energy industry experience.
- Possess a natural inquisitiveness, attention to detail, and the interpersonal skills necessary to operate effectively as part of small teams.
- Possess a general interest in learning more about technology, and a passion to learn more about the power industry and the transition to a low carbon economy.
- Graduate level degree in Statistics.
- Experience with columnar databases (e.g. Redshift).
- Presentation skills.
- Client-facing experience.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.