Mechanical & Electrical Design Consultant
Locations Northwest, UK, with remote working from home.
Climate17 are working with an exciting new sustainable start-up company with a variety of exciting projects. They are a company that put their people in mind, they believe more people should live in energy efficient, low running cost, future homes. But they can only do this by helping more and more homeowners, architects, and developers build new and existing homes better.
Our client is looking for a new M&E Design Consultant to join their ever-growing team. They are looking for individuals who are interested in helping to make a difference in the government's target to become carbon neutral be 2050 and Manchester by 2038.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the M&E Design Consultant will complete a variety of work activities within the company such as surveying, design activities and project management tasks. Some duties listed below may change as per the needs of the company.
You will be responsible for managing clients, providing technical advice, assessing/designing various Mechanical & Electrical systems for a range of building types.
Here are some of the key attributes they are looking for:
- Passionate about sustainability and reducing emissions.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Open to learning new processes, software, and technical knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to various client needs and styles.
- Able to manage time well and work independently.
- Renewable Power Generation Design & Schematic Production.
- Renewable Heating System Design & Schematic Production.
- Utilities Design, Schematic Production & Procurement.
- Communicating with external specialist energy assessors.
- Liaising with specialist M & E designers and providing design input.
- Managing working relationships with architects and individual clients.
- Providing reports and communicating findings with architects and clients.
- Assessing buildings for low carbon technologies (Solar PV, Heat Pumps, Batteries, EV Charging Stations, etc.).
- Organise various specialist energy surveys & consultancy work (SBEM, PHPP, Air Pressure, Thermal Imaging, Damp Specialists, Borehole Inspections).
- Data gathering, reviewing CAD drawings and 3D models.
- Creation of CAD drawings, Schematics and Design Packages.
- Use of Renewable Energy heating and power simulation software.
- Planning & supervising new building and existing building retrofit installations.
- Attending site surveys to gather data, document work progress and write reports.
- Assisting the creation, improvement, and evaluation of company internal processes.
Training And Development
- Various professional development training courses (CPD) and webinars.
- Opportunities to attend technical conferences/networking events.
- Sustainability or Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) related degree.
- Full clean driving license (Able to travel to sites).
- Experience managing client relationships and managing projects.
- Can review/edit CAD drawings and 3D models (Autodesk/Revit).
- Experience with energy use and carbon emissions in buildings.
- Knowledge of heat transfer & power generation and their applications.
- Experience with excel formulas and functions.
- Prior experience with energy calculations and energy efficiency in buildings.
- Prior experience beneficial in renewable power generation and heating systems.
- Knowledge in renewable power generation and heating systems.
- Experience with advanced excel functions such as macros.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.