This is an excellent opportunity to join our client, a leading renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy storage company that helps their customers become more energy aware. We are searching for a proactive and driven Low Carbon Consultant to join their office in the North East.
The successful candidate will be expected to support and lead a range of low carbon consultancy projects. The role will primarily focus on the delivery of energy audits for SMEs across the North East and Tees Valley, but there will be opportunities to get involved in a number of other distributed energy projects across the UK.
- Delivery member of the Business Energy Support Team (BEST) and other business support programmes.
- Deliver in-depth energy surveys and audits of SMEs, identifying opportunities for financial and CO2e savings through energy efficiency measures, on-site renewable energy generation and best practice.
- Use and deploy appropriate inspection, measurement and logging equipment to enrich the quality of energy surveys.
- Provide advice & guidance to SMEs.
- Facilitate the completion of necessary funding paperwork with support from the Business Support Officer.
- Support businesses with grant applications for the deployment of recommended measures.
- Deliver energy audits on a consultancy basis for commercial and municipal buildings.
- Engage with community groups, deliver renewable energy feasibilities studies and other project development work.
- Carry out a range of technical and strategic low carbon consultancy projects.
- Undertake desktop-based surveys and carry out site visits.
- Support in the management and delivery of projects, including subcontractors during field trials.
- Engage with clients from both the private and public sector.
- Deliver work independently and as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of proposals and reports.
- Follow policies and procedures, completing enquiry records, proposals and reports to the required standard.
- Support other members of the team with technical projects
- Degree level in a related discipline, or relevant experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Writing technical reports and proposals to required standards.
- Data analysis and interpretation using spreadsheets.
- Engaging with both the public and private sector, including SMEs.
- Knowledge of domestic and non-domestic heating systems and energy efficiency measures.
- Knowledge of industrial, process and manufacturing sectors.
- Best practice in energy efficiency and renewable energy technology.
- Well organised and methodical, with attention to detail.
- Understanding of renewable energy systems (photovoltaics, heat pumps and solar thermal).
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage challenging situations.
- High level of computer literacy, in particular, Word and Excel.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (teamwork).
- Full UK driving licence and own transport for business use (business mileage will be reimbursed at the prevailing HMRC mileage rates).
- Flexibility to travel within the UK.
- Postgraduate qualification in a related discipline.
- Specialist professional, energy management and/or energy auditing qualifications.
- Relevant chartership or professional membership (e.g. CIBSE, IEMA, IEE).
- EPC, ESOS and DEC certified.
- Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH certificate, IOSH Managing Safely, etc.)
- Delivering energy audits to organisations of all sizes.
- Delivering EPCs, ESOS, DECs or similar certified building energy assessment.
- HVAC, building services and BMS controls experience.
- European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) projects.
- Delivering techno-economic feasibility studies for renewable and low carbon technologies.
- Feasibility and design of low carbon heating systems (solar thermal, heat pumps, CHP, heat networks).
- Working with Community Energy Groups to develop energy efficiency, renewable energy and other low carbon projects.
- Responding to tenders and carrying out business development activities.
- Managing projects to time, quality & cost.
- Experience of quality management systems
- Competent 2D CAD user.
- Knowledge of the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP).
- Detailed knowledge of Part L of the UK Building Regulations (for both dwellings and non-dwellings).
- Ability to perform heat demand calculations.
- An in-depth knowledge and field expertise regarding renewable energy.
- Understanding of battery technologies.
- A genuine interest in the low carbon economy and wider sustainability issues.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.