Lead Development Manager - Floating Solar PV
£90000 - £95000 per annum
Our client is a renewables focused investment and management company responsible for commercial energy, telecommunications, and property development across London and the Home Counties.
The client's business has a hugely varied portfolio, including developing the largest pipeline of floating solar projects in Europe, exploring the potential to develop a district heat network capable of supplying one million London homes with heating and hot water.
Head of Development - Floating Solar PV
Location: London / Hybrid Working
Salary: Circa £90,000pa Car Allowance Bonus
As Head of Development, you will be responsible for the Development oversight of a growing portfolio of behind the meter solar projects, with a key focus on floating solar projects and future business growth.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Solar Development function.
- Lead on the Development oversight of a growing portfolio of behind the meter solar projects.
- Management of the Development team.
- Ensure that screening and development are managed in a structured and systematic way.
- Progress and grow a solar pipeline by identifying, screening, and developing high quality and safe projects.
- Ensure a clear approach to programme management across the pipeline to ensure that screening and development are managed in a structured and systematic way and that risk is transparent and effectively managed.
- Deliver detailed assessments of a site's renewable development potential, including a detailed examination and interpretation of environmental, policy risks and business case.
- Be responsible for Management of the Development team.
- Work closely with the wider solar team to ensure that renewable energy options are considered for the use of all land and property.
- Coordinate external consultants supporting to deliver on Technical, Legal and Planning process.
- Previous proven experience in renewable / solar PV / battery / development. Experience of new/floating solar would be advantageous.
- Experience of leading, managing, and coaching multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to understand the key commercial aspects of energy projects as well as be able to articulate key commercial, technical, and legal risks for projects.
- Ability to build and manage a team with a good balance of commercial and technical skills in battery projects and/or solar projects of varied sizes and various stages of the operational life.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.