Our client is a specialist consultancy in the energy sector.
They are active in the hydrogen sector having delivered projects in the UK since 2003.
Following the publication of the Government’s National Infrastructure Strategy and 10-point Green Recovery Plan, which both identify Hydrogen as a key area for future development, they anticipate an exponential growth in hydrogen opportunities and projects.
They are therefore looking to add a consultant to their Environment and Engineering team, who has an established position within the hydrogen sector to lead the growth of their activities.
- Undertake business development and other outward facing hydrogen related activities
- Building on the company’s previous experience and existing capabilities to produce winning proposals for strategic advice, feasibility studies, environmental consultancy, detailed engineering and other support to hydrogen clients
- Strengthening relationships with existing client base, as well as establishing relationships with new clients, stakeholders and industry bodies to create strong networks and working relationships within the hydrogen sector
- Working with colleagues across other teams to provide strategic and technical support to their hydrogen projects
- Lead the delivery of hydrogen related activities including providing strategic advice, feasibility studies and engineering design for all aspects of the supply chain (i.e. producers, distributers, offtakers etc.)
- Support the technical development and capabilities of staff with regards to hydrogen
- Identifying projects which could have a Hydrogen aspect to them and providing advisory support to the client
- Delivering projects to the high level of technical competency
- Work independently where necessary
- Define and manage work scopes for sub-consultants, where necessary
- Ensure all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others’ work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets the client’s expectations
- Identify and record risks within projects, communicating regularly with the project team
- A degree in Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- An established position and experience within the UK hydrogen sector
- An understanding of the full hydrogen supply chain from production to end use
- Ability to deliver technical solutions to hydrogen projects
- An appreciation of the commercial aspects of hydrogen projects
- Professional qualification in Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Experience in research activities within the hydrogen economy
- Experience in business development and client facing activities
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.