Our client is a renewable energy developer working together with landowners to develop high-quality renewable energy schemes across the UK.
They are seeking an ambitious Junior Project Developer who can assist in solar project development, with a focus on planning, project management, site origination aspects.
This role is a permanent, full-time position based near Hertfordshire. The position is part office / part-remote working, with flexibility on coming into the office weekly.
The company will offer a generous bonus scheme, NEST pension and training opportunities amongst other benefits.
- Site origination & initiation - finding sites and carrying out initial appraisals (including conducting site visits).
- Development of proposals - feeding into design evolution, interrogating consultant data/reports and using. consultant feedback and results of wider consultation with stakeholders to improve proposals.
- Project management - liaison and coordination with planning, environmental and technical consultants.
- Managing project budgets - costs, quotes etc.
- Reporting to senior team on project risks, opportunities and progress.
- Marketing - researching and identifying potential landowners and organisations.
- Reviewing and providing input into planning applications.
- Attending meetings with landowners, consultants, project stakeholders, planning officers, councillors and residents.
- Stakeholder mapping - statutory, political, residential.
- Communications and consultation for projects - production of materials, liaising with stakeholders (including consultation events).
- University degree.
- Pragmatic and thoughtful approach with common sense.
- Communications skills - confident, well-spoken, thoughtful and good writing skills.
- Inquisitive, not afraid to ask questions and prepared to question assumptions.
- Interpersonal skills - someone who enjoys communicating and is able to build relationships and rapport with people.
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Keen to learn new skills and a holistic approach to development.
- Driving licence and capability.
- Attention to detail.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.