Health and Safety Manager - Commercial Solar PV
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Climate17 are working with a leading renewable energy business who specialise in the origination, development and management of commercial, industrial and residential solar systems and portfolios on behalf of institutional investors.
Owing to continued growth, they are seeking to hire an experienced Health & Safety Manager to deliver H&S improvements including site and document inspection, HAZMAT, waste management, occupational H&S, construction safety regulations and supporting the implementation of our H&S management systems.
- Onboarding new contractors (EPC and O&M) through our PQQ process and managing a register of approved contractors including routine subsequent inspections.
- Provide support to a team of Project Managers in implementing the company's CDM process including:
- Regular project reviews throughout pre-construction phase to guide the development process.
- Pre-construction site visits to evaluate risks and validate contractor approach.
- Review and comment on H&S documentation (PCI, CPP, TMP, RAMS etc).
- Inform internal project approval processes including Investment Committee.
- Complete site audits to evaluate contractor performance.
- Provide support to a team of Asset Managers in ensuring the ongoing safe management of the assets, including:
- Risk based categorisation of operational assets.
- Review and comment on documentation (where required).
- Assist with handover of assets from construction to operations.
- Site audits, where required to monitor the adherence of contractors.
- Help to shape and evolve the operational processes to further embed H&S excellence within the Project Delivery and Asset Management teams.
- Coordinate incident responses and the subsequent distribution of safety alerts.
- Work with external H&S advisory support teams to develop and implement H&S strategy.
- Advise the business on standards and best practice.
- Provide training to the internal team and external stakeholders.
- Feed into company systems including CRM and other reporting tools.
- Produce regular business reports including to board papers.
- Relevant Health and Safety qualifications such as NEBOSH, IOSH
- Proven track record in a construction health and safety environment
- Developing and implementing H&S standards across a company structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be extremely organised, multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in reporting within the business.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.