Climate17 are working with an award-winning profit for purpose client, who are dedicated to tackling climate change. They help organisations take responsibility for their climate impact by financing, developing, and managing carbon reduction projects across the world. Based in Oxford and Nairobi, our client helped create the voluntary carbon market and pioneered carbon finance for community development projects. They deliver some of the largest carbon offsetting programmes in the world.
Our client is looking for a Head of Relationship Management, which is a newly created role, who will oversee selected key suppliers (exclusives and preferred partners) covering a global remit. They are looking for someone who can ensure the best commercial and legal terms for the business, whilst maintaining and nurturing long-lasting relationships.
Reporting on progress, identify what is missing, and attend to the high calibre suppliers.
- Steers the strategy and prioritisation of relationships, provides reports internally to the rest of business on the status.
- Manage Suppliers' Accounts & Build Trusted Relationships.
- Assigns the key points of contact for each partner.
- Provides strategic guidance and advice to key project partners on project pricing and provides them with market updates.
- Seeks to improve the commercial and legal terms with current partners.
- Stays on top of contracts, exclusivity deadlines & negotiates renewals.
- Liaises with the fulfilment team and assures correct inventory management.
- Informs the Proposals and Sales teams about the needs for selling projects faster to ensure the best outcomes for the relationships with the project owners.
- Regularly updates internal teams about project price changes.
- Compiles regular lists of milestones, such as e.g., issuances from projects and communicates effectively to other internal teams to inform their priorities.
- Provides regular reports on market pricing and volumes, and other insights.
- Supports the Proposals team in managing the projects' information and delivery timing.
- Assures the projects our client partners with are of top quality, by coordinating the preliminary due diligence.
- Leadership & Mentoring.
- Internal team leadership, provide mentoring and coaching to junior team members; support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, knowledge share, ideas, and experience.
- Significant experience in leading and owning relationship management at decision maker level (who come from all sectors: NGOs, business owners, governmental organisations, landowners).
- Track record of achieving good commercial outcomes.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Dealing with conflict to resolve concerns.
- Negotiation skills.
- Understanding of the voluntary carbon market and the key principles of the voluntary carbon standards.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.