Our client is an innovator in the renewable energy sector, offering smart, sustainable technological solutions. They are currently looking to hire a Head of Product Management, to further develop their behind-the-meter (BTM) distributed energy resources (DER) optimisation platform for industrial and commercial users.
This role requires involvement in marketplace discussions, consulting on the current and future capabilities of the organisation, understanding the incentives of external parties in the marketplace. You will be expected to play a highly active role in market and business development activities, especially in new geographies.
This is a chance to join a small but growing company as part of the management team who have big ambitions in the coming years.
- Refinement and leadership of the product function
- The continual development of the software and hardware platform (based on company strategy and market/customer inputs) in close cooperation with the technology and sales teams as well as internal and external software development resources
- Own the product, responsible for the overall product strategy
- Develop and own product management processes and best practices in the company with the objective of building a repeatable, scalable and effective workflow for the delivery of product capabilities using the resources available
- Definition and ownership of the product roadmap and associated product management artifacts, feature prioritisation and feature specification based on customer/market/competitor/technology inputs
- Responsible for gathering, understanding and articulating market requirements (ie. market research, user interviews, prototype testing, etc) for software development teams and working closely with the software teams to develop the required features (attending standups, sprint reviews, QA/testing, release planning and documentation).
- Support sales efforts by attending customer meetings and present product details where required (events, exhibitions)
- Lead business development efforts and go-to-market strategy to enter new markets
- Responsible for market intelligence related to the product, including competition analysis, customer analysis, market sizing
- Own product marketing including collateral, working closely with Head of Marketing
- A track record of developing software products and forging successful business relationships
- Experienced software product manager
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Background in SaaS solutions and companies
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to confidently present sophisticated / technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
- Proficient in strategic market analysis and planning
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
- Mature, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and driven individual
- Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
- Lead and inspire teams to success without being their line manager
- Understand complexity in the problem domain, and minimise complication in the solution
- Use judgement in defining the appropriate level of product quality
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.