Head of IT & Digital Solutions - Carbon Markets
Climate17 is delighted to be partnering with an impact-driven provider of environmental services with almost 3 decades of experience in carbon markets and emissions reduction and removal projects around the world. Our client is committed to developing high-quality carbon projects based on the principles of environmental integrity, transparency and good practices that contribute not only to climate change mitigation but also to sustainable and inclusive development. With a rapidly growing project portfolio, they offer experience and tailored services in the origination, development, financing and commercialisation of land-based projects, renewable energy, as well as technology-based carbon solutions.
We are looking for a Head of IT & Digital Solutions to develop and execute a comprehensive IT strategy. This individual will be able to seamlessly integrate and streamline internal processes, as well as assess and procure the most effective technology related to carbon markets, such as GIS software, dMRV (digital measurement, reporting & verification tools) and other relevant digital tools.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive IT strategy aligned with organisational goals.
- Identify and implement digital technologies to streamline operations and improve business processes.
- Manage and enhance the company's Microsoft/SharePoint system while ensuring operational efficiency.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of a scalable and secure IT infrastructure.
- Cultivate relationships with IT vendors and service providers to optimise technology solutions.
- Implement robust cybersecurity measures to safeguard digital assets and sensitive information.
- Drive digital transformation initiatives, leveraging emerging technologies to enhance overall efficiency.
- Manage the IT budget efficiently, evaluating and recommending technology investments aligned with business objectives.
- Collaborate with departments to provide effective solutions for internal processes and business tools.
- Align IT initiatives with overall business strategies in collaboration with senior management.
- Ensure IT systems comply with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Oversee planning and execution of IT projects, ensuring timely delivery and successful outcomes.
- Monitor project milestones and effectively manage associated risks
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Experience in a senior IT leadership role, across digital services and technology management, overseeing IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and digital transformation initiatives.
- Experience in and strong understanding of carbon markets' digital landscape and tools available.
- Strong leadership to inspire and guide a team, and ability to develop and implement an organisationally aligned strategic vision for IT.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proactive approach to addressing IT challenges.
- Experience in negotiating and managing relationships with IT vendors and service providers.
- Knowledge of relevant IT regulations, standards, and compliance requirements.
- Certification in project management (e.g., PMP) is a plus, demonstrating expertise in managing IT projects.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.