Our client is a leading organisation that works across the transmission and distribution network operators for energy and gas in the UK and Ireland.
They are working towards transforming how energy networks are developed and operated in a smarter environment, to meet the challenges of a low carbon economy. The successful applicant will play an active role in this exciting work in their position as Head of Innovation.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation & Electricity Systems, the Head of Innovation will successfully deliver the annual work and business plan within budget.
A significant aspect of the role will be providing expertise to areas within the Innovation, Smarter Networks and Net Zero arena for both electricity and gas, including Government and Regulator led forums.
The Head of Innovation will also manage and lead a range of working groups and forums with regards to energy network innovation projects, to ensure roll out into business as usual, and an effective and strategic output from the network operators.
- Manage a team of four, ensuring work is coordinated across the Innovation team
- Work with Members to ensure consistency and transparency in the innovation aspects of the RIIO-2 framework
- Work with Member Innovation Teams to co-ordinate, standardise and roll out the end-to-end Innovation process for Ofgem funded Innovation Projects, including public dissemination and management of the Smarter Networks Portal
- Deliver to a high standard briefing material, articles, presentations, speeches, and other written collateral to a range of stakeholders, including: Industry, Media, Government, Regulators, etc
- Work with Members to facilitate EV, Heat Pump and DER uptake and roll out
- Lead work on the digitalisation of the energy system, including focus on data
- Contribute to key EU Working Groups through GEODE and Eurelectric Membership
- Play an active role leading and mentoring the Innovation team, including horizon scanning for innovative technology and techniques that could affect the future work programme
- Actively disseminate Innovation Teamwork and learning to the wider Energy Industry
- Working experience in the innovation aspect of the energy networks in the GB energy industry
- An educational background in engineering, science, or other technical degree
- Experience with managing working groups and forums in the subject of innovation processes and innovative technology, especially DER, EV, Heat Pumps
- Commercial track record with communicating the deliverables of various projects
- An innovative, forward-thinking, and inquisitive mindset
- A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively
- A proven record of management and leadership
- Attention to detail, organisational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing needs and effectively address issues
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills, including experience in managing budgets
- Strong communication skills
- Diplomacy, compromise, and negotiation; you will be expected to work closely with a range of members and will require the ability to manage differing views to achieve a resolution
- A sound working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular) and Microsoft Outlook
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.